This traditional Star Stitch is a beautiful brioche knitting pattern that adds lots of texture and visual interest. A 6-Row Repeat Stitch, this pattern looks great in one color, as well as multiple rows of yarn colors. The Star Stitch creates gorgeous knitted scarves, hats, blankets, sweaters and even knit neckties! Along with up-close photos of my knitting samples, you’ll find links to all the techniques, a printable written pattern, and video tutorial. I hope you are inspired to give this beautiful Star Knit Stitch a try!
Feel free to use any gauge yarn and appropriately sized needles for your creative project.
- Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle – Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
- Scissors – Gold Stork Crane Scissors
KNITTING TECHNIQUES for the Star Stitch
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project. If you’re new to knitting, you’ll love my Absolute Beginners Knitting Series!
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
Cast On: Multiples of 3, + 1
- (Wrong Side): Purl All
- (Right Side): K1, * (YO, K3, Pass 1st Stitch Over 2nd + 3rd St) * Repeat pattern between the * * asterisks
- Purl All
- * (YO, K3, Pass 1st St Over 2nd/3rd St) *, K1
- Purl All
- K2, * (YO, K#, Pass 1st St Over 2nd/3rd St) *, YO, K2Tog
Repeat Rows 1 – 6 until your piece is the length you desire.
To change yarn colors, switch yarn prior to knitting any Odd Numbered Purl Row on the Wrong Side.
Non-Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern.
- Double Pointed Knitting Needles Size US 7 (4.5mm)
- Stork Scissors Stainless Steel Gold Sewing Scissors Small
- Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
As an Amazon Associate, I earn affiliate income from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Star Stitch pattern in your next knitting project. If you’d like even more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.
Happy Knitting to You!