This pretty vintage Daisy Stitch knitting pattern is perfect for spring and summertime. This is a 4-Row Repeat Pattern where the design really pops when you use 2 yarn colors. I love how the brioche knit rows of daisies knit up with a bit of thickness. This knit stitch pattern would make a really sweet baby blanket or summery purse. Along with up-close photos of my knitting samples, you’ll find links to all the techniques, a printable written pattern, and video tutorial. I hope you are inspired to give this pretty, flowery Daisy Knit Stitch a try!
MATERIALS for the Daisy Stitch Pattern
Feel free to use any appropriately sized yarn and needles for your creative project.
- Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle – Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
- Scissors – Gold Stork Crane Scissors
KNITTING TECHNIQUES for the Daisy Stitch Pattern
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project. If you’re new to knitting, you’ll love my Absolute Beginners Knitting Series!
WRITTEN PATTERN for the Daisy Stitch Pattern
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
Cast On: Multiples of 4, plus 1
- Row 1: (change yarn color, if desired) Knit Row
- Row 2: K1, * P3Tog keep on your needle, YO, P3Tog, drop from needle, K1 *
- Row 3: (change yarn color, if desired) Knit Row
- Row 4: K1, P1, K1, * P3Tog keep on your needle, YO, P3Tog, drop from needle, K1 *, P1 K1
- Repeat Rows 1 – 4 until your piece is the length you desire.
- To change yarn colors, switch yarn prior to knitting any Odd Numbered Row
- Non-Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern.
- Lies Flat.
- Knitting Needles Size US 7 (4.5mm)
- Stork Scissors Stainless Steel Gold Sewing Scissors Small
- Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
As an Amazon Associate, I earn affiliate income from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Daisy Stitch pattern in your next knitting project. If you’d like even more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.