This pretty vintage Daisy Stitch knitting pattern really pops when you use 2 or more yarn colors. I love how the brioche knit rows of daisies knit up with a bit of thickness. This knit stitch pattern would make a really sweet baby blanket, cozy scarf, or summery purse.
Along with up-close photos of my knitting samples, you’ll find links to all the techniques, a free printable written pattern, and a full video tutorial to knit flat on straight needles. I hope you are inspired to give this beautiful brioche stitch pattern a try!
Table of Contents
Brioche Daisy Stitch Knitting Pattern Construction
- Bottom-Up: The knit stitch is created from the bottom up.
- Texture Design: This is a thick brioche stitch pattern.
- Stitch Repeats: The texture is created with a 4-row repeat knit stitch pattern that easily lies flat.
- Not Reversible: This is not a reversible pattern, because the pattern is visible only on the right side of your work.
Feel free to use any appropriately sized yarn and needles for your creative project.
- Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project.
• Slip Knot
• CO = Cast On Long Tail Method
• K = Knit Stitch
• P = Purl Stitch
• P3TOG = Purl 3 Stitches Together (decrease)
• YO = Yarn Over (increase)
• BO = Bind Off
• Weave In Ends
Watch Knitting Video
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
and never miss a stitch
Want More Brioche Knitting Textures?
Printable Knitting Instructions
Printable Knitting Pattern
This pretty vintage Daisy Stitch knitting pattern is a 4-Row Repeat Pattern where the design pops when you use 2 yarn colors. I love how the brioche knit rows of daisies knit up with a bit of thickness.
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTED FLAT ON STRAIGHT NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 4, plus 1
- Row 1 (Right Side): Knit All
- Row 2 (Wrong Side): K1, * P3Tog keep on your needle, YO, P3Tog, drop from the needle, K1 *
- Row 3: Knit All
- Row 4: K1, P1, K1, * P3Tog keep on your needle, YO, P3Tog, drop from the needle, K1 *, P1 K1
To change yarn colors, switch yarn prior to knitting the 1st and/or 3rd row.
- Repeat Pattern between the asterisks * *
- Repeat Rows 1 – 4 until your piece is the length you desire.
- To change yarn colors, switch yarn prior to knitting any Odd-Numbered Row
- Non-Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern.
- Lies Flat.
- Slip Knot
- CO = Cast On Long Tail Method
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch•
- P3TOG = Purl 3 Stitches Together (decrease)•
- YO = Yarn Over (increase)•
- BO = Bind Off
- Weave In Ends
Thank You for Visiting Studio Knit
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Daisy Flower Stitch Knitting pattern in your next knitting project.
If you’d like even more great ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. It’s a free and easy way for us to stay connected.
Happy knitting to you!