The Little Raindrops Stitch Knitting Pattern creates a reversible pattern of small vertical lines resembling a light rain shower. This 4-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern is perfect to knit up a lightweight textured blanket in this simple combination of knits and purls.
Get your free written pattern instructions with video tutorials below. You may also purchase my ad-free Knit Stitch Pattern Book in both hardcopy and e-book formats.
Table of Contents
About the Little Raindrops Stitch Pattern
- Row Repeat: Knit up the Little Raindrops Stitch in a simple 4-row repeat.
- Stitch Techniques: A series of easy knits and purls create the textured pattern with alternating rows of 1×1 ribbing.
- Easy-to-Memorize: As we are knitting just two alternating series of knits and purls, this texture is easy to knit on the go. You can memorize the pattern without needing to refer to the written pattern.
- Lays Flat: It is a favorite stitch choice because this pattern easily lays flat.
- Reversible: This is a reversible pattern both the right side and wrong sides of the work display the design equally. This makes for a great pattern choice for knitted items that show off both sides of your work, like scarves or blankets.
- Knitting Projects: Easily adds a unique texture to knitting projects when designing blankets, scarves, and hats.
Feel free to use any size yarn and needles for your creative project.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Little Raindrops Stitch is an easy combination of simple Knit and Purl Stitches. Find my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help knit up this project.
- How to Cast On Without a Slip Knot or Slip Knot
- Cast On with Slingshot or Cast On Thumb Method
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- Cast Off
- Weave-in Yarn Ends
Design Suggestion: The Slip Stitch Knitting technique is a favorite way to create smooth edges on the right and left sides of your project. If you’re knitting up a flat scarf, dishcloth, or blanket, you may wish to add selvedge stitches to create a more finished look.
Printable Knitting Instructions
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTED FLAT ON STRAIGHT NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 4, plus 3
- Row 1 (Right Side): * P3, K1 *, P3
- Row 2 (Wrong Side): K3, * P1, K3 *
- Row 3: * P1, K1, P2 *, P1, K1, P1
- Row 4: K1, P1, K1, * K2, P1, K1 *
IN THE ROUND ON CIRCULAR NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 4
- Row 1 (Right Side): * P3, K1 *
- Row 2: * P3, K1 *
- Row 3: * P1, K1, P2 *
- Row 4: * P1, K1, P2 *
Repeat Rows 1 – 4 until your piece is the length you desire
Repeat pattern between the * * asterisks
Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern
Thank You for Visiting Studio Knit
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Little Raindrops Stitch in your next knitting project. There’s also a Long Raindrops Stitch that you may wish to give a try next.
Check out my entire library of free stitch patterns!
If you’d like even more great ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. It’s a free and easy way for us to stay connected.