Today, we’re going to Knit a Gilmore Girls Hat inspired by Lorelai’s Rib Stitch Knitted Cap! Before I kick off my “Netflix + Knit” binge marathon session, I want to share this cozy ribbed knit hat with you. As soon as the trailer came out and I saw the character Lorelai was wearing it, I was obsessed to figure out the pattern. I hope you are excited to knit up this Gilmore Girls inspired knit hat. I had so much fun making it and I think you are going to have a blast mastering this hat.
PRINTABLE PATTERN Gilmore Girls Hat
WANT THE FREE PATTERN ON THIS PAGE? Keep scrolling, it’s up next!
BROWSE GILMORE GIRLS HATS ON RAVELRY
I love seeing all of your creative projects created with my free knitting patterns! Check out all the finished and work-in-progress Gilmore Girls Hats by fellow Ravelry knitters!
MATERIALS to Knit a Gilmore Girls Hat
• Worsted Weighted Yarn, in any fiber, & color of your choice
• Circular Knitting Needles: Size 8 US, 16″ long
• 4 Double Pointed Knitting Needles: Size 8 US
• Tapestry Needle
• Pom Pom (optional) Make Your Own Faux Fur Pom-Pom or Purchase on Amazon.
KNITTING TECHNIQUES Gilmore Girls Hat
- Slip Knot
- CO = Cast On Long Tail Method
- Circular Needles
- Double Pointed Needles
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- 1×1 Rib Stitch Pattern
- K2tog = Knit Two Stitches Together
- P2tog = Purl Two Stitches Together
- ** = Repeat pattern between asterisks
WATCH STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO TUTORIAL
KNITTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR GILMORE GIRLS HAT
- Cast On 101 Stitches
- Slip 1 Stitch from Right to Left Needle to Join
- Row 1: K2Tog, P1, * K1, P1*
- All Rows: * K1, P1 * Until height is 3 inches
- All Rows: * K3, P2 * for 6 inches, until the total height is 9 inches
- Row 1: * K3, P2, K2tog, K1, P2 * (90 stitches remain)
- Row 2: *K3, P2, K2tog, P2 * (80 stitches remain)
- Row 3: *K3, P2, P2tog, P1 * (70 stitches remain)
- Row 4: *K3, P2, P2tog * (60 stitches remain)
- Row 5: *K3, P1, P2tog * (50 stitches remain)
- Row 6: *K2tog, K1, P2 * (40 stitches remain)
- Row 7: *K2tog, P2 * (30 stitches remain)
- Row 8: * K2tog, P1 * (20 sts remain)
- Row 9: *K2tog * (10 sts remain)
- Row 10: *K2tog * (5 sts remain)
- Cinch up remaining 5 Stitches
- Weave in ends
- Tack on optional Pom Pom to top of hat with yarn and your tapestry needle
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this hat pattern in your next knitting project. Make sure to check out my popular Bubble Beanie and Slouchy Beanie Hat Patterns, too! If you’d like even more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another free and easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work.
Happy Knitting to You!