With an 8-row repeat, this airy summertime knitting pattern can be created into a wide variety of projects like scarves, cowls, shawls, blankets – even sweaters! It’s a great knitting pattern for your Summer Knitting because it has a wonderful breathability. If you knit with just one color, it is also reversible.
KNITTING PATTERN Sea Foam Wave Drop
EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS: Download Your Ad-Free Printable .PDF Pattern
You will receive an email invitation to my “Knitting Freebies” page.
KNITTING TECHNIQUES for Sea Foam Wave Drop Stitch Pattern
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project. If you’re new to knitting, you’ll love my Absolute Beginners Knitting Series!
KNITTING MATERIALS for Sea Foam Wave Drop Stitch Pattern
This sample was created with size 7 US knitting needles and worsted weighted cotton yarn. Feel free to use any size yarn and needles for your creative project.
SHAPING AND BLOCKING Sea Foam Wave Drop Stitch Pattern
You will want to sort of shape your wave pattern a little bit, you’ll definitely want to take control of that yarn, those yarn overs, and pull them into shape. Depending on the type of yarn that you use, you might want to block. I lightly steamed mine because this is cotton yarn, to really make those waves stand out and have my yarn overs lie as flat as I could get them.
KNITTING INSTRUCTIONS Sea Foam Wave Drop Stitch Pattern
- Yarn in any weight, fiber, & color of your choice
- Knitting Needles, sized appropriately for your yarn
Cast On: Multiples of 10 + 6
- Knit All
- K 6, * YO 1x, K1, YO 2x, K1, YO 3x, K1, YO 2x, K1, YO 1x, K6 * (Repeat pattern between the * * asterisks)
- K 6, * Drop 1 St, K1, Drop 2 St, K1, Drop 3 St, K1, Drop 2 St, K1, Drop 1 St, K6 *
- Knit All
- Knit All (if you wish to change yarn colors, do so on this row)
- K1, * YO 1x, K1, YO 2x, K1, YO 3x, K1, YO 2x, K1, YO 1x, K6 * (repeat pattern within asterisks, ending your last repeat with K1)
- K 1, * Drop 1 St, K1, Drop 2 St, K1, Drop 3 St, K1, Drop 2 St, K1, Drop 1 St, K6 * (repeat pattern within asterisks, ending your last repeat with K1)
- Knit All
Repeat Rows 1 – 8 until your piece is the length you desire, then Bind Off
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to give this Sea Foam Wave Drop Knit Stitch Pattern a try. It’s really fun once you get the hang of those eight simple rows. Make sure to check out all of my knit stitch patterns. I also have a really great summer knit series going on, so make sure to check those out, as well.