We are knitting up colorful Fruit Dishcloth Citrus Slices in cotton yarn. Knit up some summer goodness to enjoy year round as a dishcloth, washcloth, trivet, or sweet home decor. Measuring at 8 inches in diameter, this is a fun little quick knit that is sure to challenge and obsess you! Although this design is a rounded shape, we are knitting on straight needles, not on circulars… and no decreasing nor increasing stitches either. Wedge by wedge, our citrus shape appears by knitting twelve little triangles with the magic of turning! Make sure to watch my step-by-step video tutorial below… let’s knit it up!
KNITTED FRUIT DISHCLOTH POT & PAN PROTECTORS
These fruit slices make great knitted Pot and Pan Protectors. Knit up various sizes to protect against your cookware’s scratches and scrapes. The sweet, cheerful fruit design is perfect to brighten up your kitchen cupboards!
KNITTING MATERIALS for Fruit Dishcloth Citrus Slice
• Yarn in cotton worsted weight – I knitted my fruit citrus slices with Sugar N Cream cotton yarn in colors Hot Green, Hot Pink, Hot Orange, Hot Yellow, and Hot Green. This yarn is perfect because it is absorbent, lightweight, and easy to wash out when using as a dishcloth.
• Knitting Needles, size 7 US
• Tapestry Needle
KNITTING TECHNIQUES for Fruit Dishcloth Citrus Slice
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project. If you’re new to knitting, you’ll love my Absolute Beginners Knitting Series!
WATCH STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO TUTORIAL for Fruit Dishcloth Citrus Slice
KNITTING PATTERN for Fruit Dishcloth Citrus Slice
- Cast On 2 Stitches in Main Color (MC)
- On same needle, CO 12 Sts in White Color
- Starting Row: Knit 12 White, K2 MC
WEDGE PATTERN KNITTING ROWS
Row 1: (right side) K2 MC, K1 White, K10 MC (13 sts)
Leave 1 St remaining on needle - Turn
Row 2: (wrong side)
Bring MC strand front, Take White strand back
Bring White strand front, Take MC strand back
Row 3: K2 MC, K1 White, K8 MC (11 sts) - Turn
Row 4: K8 MC, K1 White, K2 MC
Row 5: K2 MC, K1 White, K6 MC (9 sts) - Turn
Row 6: K6 MC, K1 White, K2 MC
Row 7: K2 MC, K1 White, K4 MC (7 sts) - Turn
Row 8: K4 MC, K1 White, K2 MC
Row 9: K2 MC, K1 White, K2 MC (5 sts) - Turn
Row 10: K2 MC, K1 White, K2 MC
Row 11: K2 MC, K12 White (14 sts)
Row 12: K12 White, K2 MC
REPEAT Rows 1-12 to create 11 (of 12) fruit wedges
On last (12th) fruit wedge, Knit Rows 1-10
Row 11: K2 MC, K1 White, K12 MC
Row 12: Bind Off
Tack Edges of Wedges 1 and 12 together with yarn and a tapestry needle
Weave in ends and enjoy!
Not a Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern
Looks best when lightly blocked
- Lily Sugar 'N Cream The Original Solid Yarn - (4) Medium Gauge 100% Cotton - 2.5 oz - Hot Pink - Machine Wash & Dry
- Double Pointed Knitting Needles Size US 7 (4.5mm)
- Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
- Stork Scissors Stainless Steel Gold Sewing Scissors Small
As an Amazon Associate, I earn affiliate income from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up these fruit citrus slices for your next knitting project. If you’d like even more, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.