This Diamond Brocade Stitch Pattern is an elegant design created by an easy-level project created with a simple combination of knits and purls.
Get your free written pattern instructions with a video tutorial below. You may also purchase my ad-free Knit Stitch Pattern Book in both hardcopy and e-book formats.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Diamond Brocade Knit Stitch
Let’s closely examine how we combine knits and purls to create the elegant Diamond Brocade Knit Stitch Pattern.
Create a stylish textured graphic by knitting up this 8-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern. I envision it as a stunning knitted pillow or blanket.
Note that this pattern is not reversible; the Right and Wrong Sides differ. However, the wrong side displays a clean look that I wouldn’t mind being visible.
Love this pattern? Find more Diamond Knit Stitch Patterns here >
Watch Video Tutorial
The Diamond Brocade Stitch is an easy combination of simple Knit and Purl Stitches. Find my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help knit up this project.
- How to Cast On Without a Slip Knot or Slip Knot
- Cast On
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- Cast Off
- Weave-in Yarn Ends
Printable Knitting Instructions
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTED FLAT ON STRAIGHT NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 8, plus 1
- Row 1 (Right Side): * K4, P1, K3 *, K1
- Row 2 (Wrong Side): P1, * P2, K1, P1, K1, P3 *
- Row 3: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *, K1
- Row 4: P1, * K1, P5, K1, P1 *
- Row 5: * P1, K7 *, P1
- Row 6: P1, * K1, P5, K1, P1 *
- Row 7: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *, K1
- Row 8: P1, * P2, K1, P1, K1, P3 *
IN THE ROUND ON CIRCULAR NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 8
- Row 1: * K4, P1, K3 *
- Row 2: * K3, P1, K1, P1, K2 *
- Row 3: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *
- Row 4: * K1, P1, K5, P1 *
- Row 5: * P1, K7 *
- Row 6: * K1, P1, K5, P1 *
- Row 7: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *
- Row 8: * K3, P1, K1, P1, K2 *
Repeat Rows 1 - 8 until your piece is the length you desire.
Pattern Repeat: Repeat pattern between the * * asterisks
Not a Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern
Thank You for Visiting Studio Knit
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Diamond Brocade Stitch Pattern in your next knitting project. Check out my entire library of free stitch patterns!
If you’d like even more great ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. It’s a free and easy way for us to stay connected.