This Diamond Brocade Stitch Pattern is an elegant design created by an easy-level project created with a simple combination of knits and purls.
Get your free written pattern instructions with video tutorials below. You may also purchase my ad-free Knit Stitch Pattern Book in both hardcopy and e-book formats.
Knit up this 8-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern to create a fashionable textured graphic. I think it would look stunning as a knitted pillow or blanket.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
CLOSER LOOK at the Diamond Brocade Knit Stitch
Let’s take a close look at our Diamond Brocade Knit Stitch Pattern, seeing exactly how those knits and purls are combined to make this elegant pattern.
As you can see, this is NOT a reversible pattern, since the Right and Wrong Sides are different. However, the wrong side has a nice clean look that I wouldn’t mind being visible.
Love this pattern? Find more Diamond Knit Stitch Patterns here >
Feel free to use any size yarn and needles for your creative project.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- How to Cast On Without a Slip Knot or Slip Knot
- Cast On
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- Cast Off
- Weave-in Yarn Ends
KNIT STITCH: 50 KNIT + PURL PATTERN BOOK
Find the Diamond Brocade Stitch on pages 39 – 40 of my Knit Stitch Pattern Book. Get your free printable pattern further down in this post!
HOW TO KNIT THE DIAMOND BROCADE STITCH
Click to Play Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTED FLAT ON STRAIGHT NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 8, plus 1
- Row 1 (Right Side): * K4, P1, K3 *, K1
- Row 2 (Wrong Side): P1, * P2, K1, P1, K1, P3 *
- Row 3: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *, K1
- Row 4: P1, * K1, P5, K1, P1 *
- Row 5: * P1, K7 *, P1
- Row 6: P1, * K1, P5, K1, P1 *
- Row 7: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *, K1
- Row 8: P1, * P2, K1, P1, K1, P3 *
IN THE ROUND ON CIRCULAR NEEDLES:
Cast On: Multiples of 8
- Row 1 (Right Side): * K4, P1, K3 *
- Row 2: * K3, P1, K1, P1, K2 *
- Row 3: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *
- Row 4: * K1, P1, K5, P1 *
- Row 5: * P1, K7 *
- Row 6: * K1, P1, K5, P1 *
- Row 7: * K2, P1, K3, P1, K1 *
- Row 8: * K3, P1, K1, P1, K2 *
Repeat Rows 1 - 8 until your piece is the length you desire.
Pattern Repeat: Repeat pattern between the * * asterisks
Not a Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Diamond Brocade Stitch Pattern in your next knitting project. Check out my entire library of free stitch patterns! If you’d like even more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.
Happy Knitting to You!