The Lattice Cable knit stitch pattern is a beautiful woven design popular for a variety of knitting patterns. This design quickly reveals a diagonal interlocked design with a simple 8-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern. It’s a fun project for experienced knitters, as well as great practice for those new to cabling. This woven, braided pattern is similar to the Diagonal Basket Weave cable knit stitch. However, this Lattice Stitch has a more open look and does not knit up as tightly, giving it a more medium stretch that would be perfect for blankets and scarves.
MATERIALS for Lattice Cable Stitch
My sample was created with size 7 US knitting needles and Patons Classic Wool Worsted weighted (Color Aran). Feel free to knit up your cable pattern in any weight yarn and appropriately sized knitting needles of your choice.
RIGHT & WRONG SIDE of the Lattice Cable Stitch
RIGHT SIDE – The right side of our work is a beautiful interwoven diagonal lattice cable pattern
WRONG SIDE – The wrong side of our work looks great, too, showing off a pretty vertical wiggle pattern
KNITTING TECHNIQUES + ABBREVIATIONS for the Lattice Cable Stitch
C4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
C4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
CR4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Purl 2 from Cable Needle
CL4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Purl 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
KNITTING CHART of the Lattice Cable Stitch
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTING TECHNIQUES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- SLIP KNOT
- BO = Bind Off
- CO = Cast On
- K = Knit
- P = Purl
- C4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
- C4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
- CR4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Purl 2 from Cable Needle
- CL4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Purl 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
KNITTING SET-UP ROWS
CO Multiples of 12
Begin Cable Pattern with 2 Starter Rows
- * K4, P2 * (repeat pattern within astericks)
- * K2, P4 *
LATTICE CABLE REPEAT PATTERN ROWS
- (right side): * C4B, P2 *
- (wrong side): * K2, P4 *
- P2, * K2, CR4B *, last 4 stitches K4
- P4, * K2, P4 *, last 2 stitches K2
- * P2, C4F *
- * P4, K2 *
- K4 * CL4F, K2 *, last 2 stitches P2
- K2 * P4, K2 * last 4 stitches P4
Repeat Rows 1 – 8 until your piece is the length you desire and then Bind Off.
Non-Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern.
- ChiaoGoo Single Point 9-inch Size US 7 (4.5mm)
- Stork Scissors Stainless Steel Gold Sewing Scissors Small
- Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
As an Amazon Associate, I earn affiliate income from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Lattice Stitch Pattern in your next knitting project. If you’re feeling inspired to knit more cable stitches, check out my entire collection of Cable Knit Stitch Patterns. To receive more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.
Happy Knitting to You!