The Lattice Cable knit stitch pattern is a beautiful woven design popular for a variety of knitting patterns. This design quickly reveals a diagonal interlocked design with a simple 8-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern.
It’s a fun project for experienced knitters, as well as great practice for those new to cabling. Please continue reading to get all your materials, techniques, and written pattern instructions to knit this pattern today.
Love Interwoven Stitches? Check out more Basketweave Variations to easily knit today!
CLOSER LOOK AT THE RIGHT & WRONG SIDE of the Lattice Cable Stitch
This woven, braided pattern is similar to the Diagonal Basket Weave cable knit stitch. However, this Lattice Stitch has a more open look and does not knit up as tightly, giving it a more medium stretch that would be perfect for impressive blankets and scarves.
RIGHT SIDE – The right side of our work is a beautiful interwoven diagonal lattice cable pattern
WRONG SIDE – The wrong side of our work looks great, too, showing off a pretty vertical wiggle pattern
KNITTING MATERIALS for Lattice Cable Stitch
• Yarn in any weight, fiber, & color of your choice
• Knitting Needles sized appropriately for your yarn
• Cable Needle (I’m using a double-pointed needle)
• Tapestry Needle
KNITTING TECHNIQUES for the Lattice Cable Stitch
C4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
C4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
CR4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Purl 2 from Cable Needle
CL4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Purl 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
HOW TO KNIT THE LATTICE CABLE STITCH
CLICK TO WATCH STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO
- Yarn - Any Gauge
- Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
KNITTING SET-UP ROWS
CO Multiples of 12
Begin Cable Pattern with 2 Starter Rows
- ROW 1: * K4, P2 * (repeat pattern within asterisks)
- ROW 2: K2, P4 *
LATTICE CABLE REPEAT PATTERN ROWS
- ROW 1: (right side): * C4B, P2 *
- ROW 2: (wrong side): * K2, P4 *
- ROW 3: P2, * K2, CR4B *, last 4 stitches K4
- ROW 4: P4, * K2, P4 *, last 2 stitches K2
- ROW 5: * P2, C4F *
- ROW 6: * P4, K2 *
- ROW 7: K4, * CL4F, K2 *, last 2 stitches P2
- ROW 8: K2, * P4, K2 *, last 4 stitches P4
LATTICE CABLE KNITTING CHART
Repeat Rows 1 – 8 until your piece is the length you desire and then Bind Off.
Non-Reversible Knit Stitch Pattern.
KNITTING TECHNIQUES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- SLIP KNOT
- BO = Bind Off
- CO = Cast On
- K = Knit
- P = Purl
- C4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
- C4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Knit 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
- CR4B = Slip 2 Hold Back: Knit 2 + Purl 2 from Cable Needle
- CL4F = Slip 2 Hold Front: Purl 2 + Knit 2 from Cable Needle
THANK YOU FOR VISITING STUDIO KNIT
I hope you are inspired to knit up this Lattice Stitch Pattern in your next knitting project. If you’re feeling inspired to knit more cable stitches, check out my entire collection of Cable Knit Stitch Patterns. To receive more great knitting ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. Subscribing to my YouTube channel Studio Knit is another easy way for us to stay connected and help support my work for free.
Happy Knitting to You!