I’m planning our holiday tradition of hosting Thanksgiving’s feast here in San Francisco and these quick knit cozy and elegant Napkin Rings in Seed Stitch come out for guests every holiday. They are so easy to knit up and customize for your tablescape.
MATERIALS to Knit Napkin Rings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
In my examples, I’m using size 7 US knitting needles and aran weighted yarns.
- Worsted or Aran Weighted Yarn in any 2 colors
- Knitting Needles Size 8 US – Straight Bamboo Needles
- Tapestry Needle – Clover Chibi Jumbo Bent Tip Darning Needle Set
- Scissors – Gold Stork Crane Scissors
- Napkin Rings for the Base
KNITTING TECHNIQUES to Knit Acorns
KNITTING PATTERN for Napkin Rings
Wrap Napkin Ring Base:
Wrap yarn in contrasting color around your napkin ring base. This will add an extra dimension to your napkin ring, while the knitted portion can be attached without adhesives like glue, as it will naturally cling to our wrapped yarn.
Cast On 21 Sts
Row 1: Knit All
Rows 2 – 7: * K1, P1 *, K1 (Seed Stitch Pattern)
Row 8: Purl All
- Seam together with a tapestry needle
- Weave in yarn ends
- Stretch it over your yarn wrapped ring base and you are done!