How to Knit a POKÉBALL | Pokémon Go DIY
This Pokémon Go toy is a fun quick knit softie for kids and pets!
Worsted Weighted Yarn in White, Black, and Red, 4 Double Pointed Needles (I’m using size 7US), a Tapestry Needle, Scissors, & Stuffing
POKEBALL KNITTING PATTERN
KFB = Knit Front and Back (increase)
K2Tog = Knit Two Stitches Together (decrease)
** = Repeat the pattern between the two asterisks
• Slip Knot http://bit.ly/1g1q6M9
• Cast On Long Tail Method http://bit.ly/1gAPyUd
• Knit on Double Pointed Needles https://youtu.be/_OwA7EYbLRw
• Knit Stitch http://bit.ly/studioknit01
• KFB Knit Front and Back https://youtu.be/jsWzpwSURUM
• K2Tog Knit Two Together https://youtu.be/JEKOEHSsKZ8
• Change Yarn Colors https://youtu.be/LsmHWRIo2UI
Cast On 6 stitches in White
Divide your stitches to 2 each on 3 Double Pointed Needles and join in the round.
Row 1: Knit All Stitches
Row 2: Increase with KFB (Knit Front & Back) All Stitches (12 Sts Remain)
Add a Stitch marker
Row 3: Knit All Stitches
Row 4: * KFB, K1 * (18 Sts Rem)
Row 5: Knit All Stitches
Row 6: * KFB, K2 * (24 Sts Rem)
Row 7: Knit All Stitches
Row 8: * KFB, K3 * (30 Sts Rem)
Row 9: Knit All Stitches
Row 10: * KFB, K4 * (36 Sts Rem)
Row 11: Knit All Stitches
Row 12: * KFB, K5 * (42 Sts Rem)
Row 13: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Row 14: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Switch to Black Yarn to form the black center band on our ball
Row 15: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Row 16: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Row 17: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Switch to Red Yarn and begin our decreases
Row 18: Knit All Stitches (42 Sts Rem)
Row 19: * K2Tog, K5 * (36 Sts Rem)
Row 20: Knit All Stitches
Row 21: * K2Tog, K4 * (30 Sts Rem)
Row 22: Knit All Stitches
EMBELLISHMENT OF BUTTON’S BLACK BACKGROUND
Stitch over White: Taking your Tapestry Needle and Black Yarn, embellish 4 stitches along the bottom of your black band, over the white stitches. Then on the row below, stitch over two more of the middle stitches in black over the white again.
Stitch over Red: Continue to stitch over the 4 stitches along the top of your black band, over the red stitches. Then on the row above, stitch over two more of the middle stitches in black over the red again.
EMBELLISHMENT OF WHITE BUTTON
- Cast On 6 stitches in White
- Slide Your stitches down your needle
- Knit all stitches
- Pass the second stitch over the first, as if to bind off. Do this with all five stitches until just the one remains on your needle.
- Using your tapestry needle, pull the yarn tail through the remaining stitch to bind off.
- Shape the button with your fingers to form a circular button.
CONTINUE KNITTING YOUR POKEBALL
BEGIN STUFFING YOUR BALL, ADDING STUFFING AS YOU DECREASE
TUCK ALL LOOSE YARN ENDS INTO YOUR BALL AS YOU GO
Row 23: * K2Tog, K3 * (24 Sts Rem)
Row 24: Knit All Stitches
Row 25: * K2Tog, K2 * (18 Sts Rem)
Row 26: Knit All Stitches
Row 27: * K2Tog, K1 * (12 Sts Rem)
Row 28: K2Tog All Stitches (6 Sts Rem)
Cinch up the remaining 6 Stitches with your tapestry needle, pull the end through your ball and cut the yarn tail.
And you are DONE!!! I just love knitting in the round without the need for seaming up our edges!
Once you have completed your Pokeball, please share a photo of it by posting it on one of my social channels! Can’t wait to see!