This knitted Drink Cozy Pattern turns your favorite beverage into a unicorn. The base of the cozy is made with knit and purls in the Reverse Ridge Stitch Pattern. Then we add a cute little mane of yarn tassels in any colors of your choice.
I hope you enjoy this quick-knit to make as gifts for your most fanciful friends.
Love free and easy knitting projects? Check out all of my yarn-buster patterns to help you use up scrap yarn in a fun way!
• Yarn in worsted or aran weight – your color choice is totally optional
• Knitting Needles, size 7 US
• Tapestry Needle
Need to brush up or learn a new technique? Check out my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help you along as you knit up this project. If you’re new to knitting, you’ll love my Absolute Beginners Knitting Series!
Watch Video Tutorial
- Yarn - 42 yards of Worsted Weight in any fiber and colors of your choice
- Knitting Needles - Size 7 US straight needles
- Tapestry Needle
Cast On 32 Stitches
DRINK COZY BODY
Knit the Reverse Ridge Stitch Pattern
- Row 1: Knit All
- Row 2: Purl All
- Row 3: Knit All
Repeat Rows 1-3 Six More Times For a Total of 21 Rows
Fold Right Side Together Once Tack
Seam with Yarn & Tapestry Needle
Turn Right-Side Out
- Cut Yarn into 8-inch Length Strands For a Total of 24 Strands
- Thread 4 Strands into a Tapestry Needle Create Fringe near seam edge.
- Trim Strands to Length Desired
• Slip Knot
• CO = Cast On Long Tail Method
• K = Knit Stitch
• P = Purl Stitch
• BO = Bind Off
• Weave In Ends
Thank You for Visiting Studio Knit
I hope you are inspired to knit a Unicorn Drink Cozy for your next knitting project.
If you’d like even more great ideas, please make sure you join my mailing list. It’s a free and easy way for us to stay connected.
Happy knitting to you!